When preparing for a business headshots session choosing what to wear so that it reflects you, your brand and personality is vitally important. For men, choosing whether to wear a tie or no tie with a jacket, can say a lot about their company ethos and values as well as what they are like as individuals.
Here are a few essential points to think about:
- For the majority of headshots, it’s only your top half you need to worry about.
- We recommend avoiding too many distracting patterns, graphics, branded logos (Adidas, etc) or super vibrant colours.
- Wear what you feel represents you and you, your profession and your company. If you are unsure, bring a few changes of clothing. A classic white shirt is always a great starting point. Consider a formal and casual look for more variety.
- It is important that you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. If you normally wear bright colours then wearing a white top just isn’t going to feel right to you and that will show in the photographs. It may sound a bit cliche but feeling good is the best start to looking good.
- Remember to iron any clothing that you may wear for a shoot and have them hung up. People have arrived with clothes stuffed in their bag and wrinkles really don’t look good in a professional image!
- If you are part of a larger group such as a company. It may be worth coordinating a look. This doesn’t have to be any more involved than the men all wear jackets and ties (or not)
If you would like to find out more about having some portrait photography images for you or your business please email me call me on 0405 190 951